Curren$y's Crew

Curren$y's Crew
In Stores 11/29/11

Search This Blog

Friday, June 5, 2009

JAY-Z - "DOA"



First, I dig the "MIXTAPE WEEZY" line (lil jab). The song is black album material, I suppose. It's great production from a guy who's been grinding for a minute (NO ID). The guitar action is full. I just can't help thinking about that song on 'THE S. CARTER MIXTAPE' where Jay rhymes about how the 'BLACK ALBUM' is gonna take cats back to school. He's getting in a space now where he reeeeally doesn't have to aim for commercials...and the anti-hero feel in "DOA" is a smart move.

I love Jay's "Aaaaaaaaay Gooooodbyyyye" after each verse.

But, for the record, I listened to "Jumping Out the Window" about ten times the other day. It's all about how you do your particular auto-tune joint. I do feel "DOA" for our hip hop culture. Gotta set things straight every once in a while. WE NEED A BOARD! I'll be on it.

Another link is here http://www.mediafire.com/?lnqnzqmhnzd

No comments:

Post a Comment