Curren$y's Crew

Curren$y's Crew
In Stores 11/29/11

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

EMINEM Diss by Ms. MARIAH CAREY


Here’s Mariah Carey’s blazing hot new single “Obsessed,” our intro to her new LP, 'MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT ANGEL,' coming 8/25. “Obsessed” is a clear answer to Eminem’s comical diss "BAGPIPES FROM BAGHDAD," a shot at Mariah and husband Nick Cannon. I appreciate Em’s flow & ill lyrics, but I’m glad she got back at him. I just don’t like the idea of Mr. King White Boy Rapper going at a Black power couple. Call me whatever, it just doesn’t ride.

We can probably take it with a grain of salt, but Mariah claims “Obsessed” is her all time favorite Mariah record. It sure sounds like she had a blast making it with The Dream & Tricky Stewart. Dream's like "MC the MC" at the start, lol.

My favorite Mariah line is “…It must be the weed, it must be the E/ cause you be poppin, heard you get it poppin.” Yeah! It’s all fun & games for Em to rip pop stars and playfully lie on his dick, but I’m waiting for some real emcees to get at him. Excuse my tangent, but it’s similar to the Jay vs. Mos Def idea; when you’re placed on a pedestal and no one challenges you, then you don’t feel compelled to get back in the gym and compete.

Thanks 2 Sarah 4 the link.

2 comments:

  1. wait a minute... since when was Nick Cannon and Mariah a black power couple. Sure by definition they are but when was nick cannon power anything in hip hop culture? have we already forgot his verses from jiggalo just because he bagged a ran thru yet still fine but old Marah Carrey? That marriage was/is more of a joke then an emeregnce of a black power couple ( even tho they are...if you choose to give mariah black staus from her grandfather being mixed)But any way i never understood how niggaz are all the sudden riding w/ nick cannon after eminem masterfully came at him on a song. I mean i know hes white but if there ever was a full blooded black nigga that eminem could go at...it would be Nick Cannon. and how come we werent ad at "superman"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milk Money I feel you cause I hesitated before I wrote 'power couple.' it just bothers me a little. it's all music tho. I didn't boycott Em over the "black bitch" thing & i'm not gonna now. good she dissed em back tho. it's crazy when ya wifey got ya battle tracks lol!

    ReplyDelete